Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Weekend Crush: Oona Kivela

Upbeat, athletic movement defines Oona from her bouncy, center-of-the-head pony tail to her emphatically pointed feet. We love Oona because she is perky--and gravity defying!Oona started her fitness journey very early in life: she was nine-years-old when she started gymnastics. Hold on. As someone who found her fitness/pole journey comparatively later in life, this can be intimidating. Following the advice of one of my favorite muses let's just ooh and ahh and be inspired to dabble in a few gymnastics moves. After all, small steps are what build up to greatness of Oona proportions :DThere is certainly a lot to ooh and ahh at. From creating her own signature moves (Special K) to crazy long spins featuring feats of strength and flexibility (more on that in a bit) Oona rocks it. Watching her you really can't help but want to try a few moves. I'll admit it, after watching a few Oona videos I find myself standing at my pole intent on executing some Oona madness. Or at least until I pull up and remember my grip strength is more at the practice pole climbs level. Grrr. Well anyways I'll pretend to be Oona while I work on building strength.For new polers and non-polers you should know two things about Oona Kivela. One: her name is pronounced Oh-oh-nah. I seriously read her name in my head as Ooo-nah forever until I watched the live stream for An Hour with Oona. I love how she says that! Oona Kivela. Oona. Sorry--oh, yes! Two: Oona is  crazy flexy and strong. That is all, there are no words to describe it: Didn't I warn you? I have watched this over and over but I am still picking my jaw off the floor. I think it fell behind the desk, let me see...I will leave you with Oona's crazy combo spin. Make sure you watch in HD so you don't miss a thing (click the gear button after you pres play; if your computer is running a little slow choose the next resolution down). Enjoy!Please chime in on the Oona love in the comments below!
Source:http://flexines.blogspot.com/2013/06/weekend-crush-oona-kivela.html

Weekend Crush: Oona Kivela Images

No comments:

Post a Comment